Feed costs for Adoption Camels & Food Support:
50 kg of corn : fluctuating from € 10.- to € 15.- (depending on the rate and price at that moment)
An adult camel lasts 16 days with this.
40 kg of grain : € 10.- (depending on the price and rate at that moment).
An adult camel lasts 40 days with this.
1 bale of basic hay : fluctuating from € 1.75 tot € 2.50 (depending on the rate and price at that moment)
A camel needs 1 bale per day.
1 large bale of dried clover, approximately: € 15.- (those bales must be weight per kilogram and that determines the price per bale)
An adult camel lasts 5 – 6 days with this.
De most common costs for medicines:
- CTC woundspray (closing of the wound) 240 ml : € 15.50
- Acederm woundspray (not closing of) 150 ml: € 15.75
- Avimec (Ivermectine): against (skin-)diseases caused by parasites: € 7.50
- Oral Ivermectine: € 45,-
- Albendazole (dewormer): € 35,-
- Previcox for 2 retired Camels, per round: € 456,-
- Needles & syringes : € 2.- per piece
- Authentic halter: € 15.-
- Iron halter parts : € 5.-
- Belly Girth: € 12.50
- Rein: € 11.95
- 10 meters of wool to make the interior of saddles: € 75.-
- Diëthyl (1 ltr) : € 10.00
- Butox : € 5.00 per bottle
- Gardena pressure sprayer 5 ltr: € 30.00
- Removal after mucking out: € 15.00 per hired truck
- Wages for the ones mucking out: € 10,- per camel fence
Periodic Repair Work:
At fences and water pumps. Costs depend on the type of repair, and whether it’s a repair or replacement, including replacement of ropes.
Occasional or one-off expenses:
- 60 ltr jerrycans per piece € 10.00
- Iron or wooden poles, per piece € 6.25
- Aluminium drinking troughs, per piece € 12.50
The costs per wave are on average around 1000 euro, depending on how many camels are involved, anesthetic price at the time and the rate of the Egyptian pound.
- Hosting-& Domain costs website : € 67.-
- Maintenance subscription website 30 euro monthly: € 360.-
- Accountant costs annual report : € 302.50 including VAT
- Rabobank costs fluctuating from € 9.95 to € 96,-
- Paypal costs, depending on donation amount
Also good to know:
The Dalel Foundation is totally depending on gifts. Furthermore, everything is done by Joyce Schröder free of charge, not only does she spend the majority of her time in the Foundation, she also receives no salary or compensation from the Foundation.